Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tagged Thrice! :O)

I am supposed to write 6 quirky things about me and 6 things I'm thankful for....the last six will be easy....I don't feel very quirky...lol! yeah right!

Quirky Six:

1) Whenever I pop a blackhead--mine or someone else's--I chomp my teeth once or twice. No idea why?!?! Craziness really...My friend noticed it in high school and I have tried, with complete failure I might add, to quit that addiction.

2) I, like Shelise, type words I am hearing. I try to keep up with my professors at school. Most of the time I can, but I get REALLY upset when I make mistakes...and believe me, I KNOW when I've messed up--I can see the keyboard right in front of me for heaven's sake!! I also play the piano whenever I hear piano music. At church, you can literally see me playing my legs like a piano whenever there is a hymn being played or someone is playing a special musical number!

3) I like to poke people if I want attention. In high school, it was Shelise (and it would DRIVE her NUTS if I touched her arms at all) and now it's Devin. For some reason, I just get an energy HIGH and need to be listened to or get some of my energy out. Poor Devin...Sometimes he is trying to sleep and I just keep poking him because I need some attention! It's not actually that I ENJOY poking people....it's just the only outlet I have for whatever I need to get out. :O)

4) My most recent quirk is that EVERY TIME I am going to the bathroom lately, I have to stop and think "Is this real?!" I, for some odd reason or another, have been having weird dreams; so, before I start to tinkle, I stop and ask myself if I am REALLY awake or not....

5) Sometimes I just have to URGE to call one of my parents. I don't have anything specific to say or anything, I just HAVE to call them. It's like my security blanket or something. I just have to make sure they're ok!

6) I break out in dance all the time! I just love to dance....it's usually weird dance moves though, and Devin and I laugh at me :O) I'm such a weirdo!

Thankfuls!:

1)A magnificent year of learning and growth. Can I just say that I have never learned so much about life in my life as I have in the last year?! I'm sure that will drastically change when I have kid. Anyway, I just love to learn. From the sciences, to families, to spiritual things, to politics, there is always some way to grow and something to benefit from! I can honestly say I am sad to graduate from college. I know it won't be an ending to my learning new things, but I know it is one of the last opportunities for me to truly increase my knowledge this quickly and easily. Everything is just so accessible. Also, I always want to grow and better myself. I know that the only way that can truly happen is because of Jesus Christ; so that leads me to my next one.
2)Jesus Christ. There is no one better! :O) I know that is easily said, but I truly marvel at what an example He is to all of us. The way he conducted His life on earth is truly remarkable!! Being married has changed a lot of my perspective, and I can't put it into words, but it really is a miracle that he was able to control His thoughts and words and actions SO PERFECTLY. I can't imagine being able to think and act as I should every moment of every day....and so, I am EXTREMELY grateful for His perfect life and for the Atonement. I know there isn't any other way. I know that if we turn to Him and use that Atonement, we can be changed, in our hearts, and be molded into what the Lord would have us be. What a marvelous thing!! I am so deeply grateful and blessed to have a Savior who loves ME!
3)My husband. He's so handsome :O) PLUS, he is a great example to me of a humble person who is willing to submit to the Lord's will and to change himself each day to be a better man. And each day he is! He is ALWAYS working, always trying, and always setting goals and accomplishing them. He is such a helper, too! Each day he does the dishes--which I hate--and doesn't complain a wink. We truly are best friends and always strive to be equal partners drawing close to the Lord. He's fun to cuddle with and keeps me warm (and this is a BIG DEAL to me because my feet and hands are always FREEZING, but he is so willing to sit on my feet and warm my hands so that I am comfortable). And he's a good lover...not to mention a GREAT masseuse!!!
4)My parents. I have never been so grateful for my parents as I have been since I've been married. I think it was just because I was such an unappreciative spoiled brat! I am so grateful for the way they have raised me. It has made it so much easier for me to live a productive and enjoyable life! They taught me how to deal with emotions, how to solve problems, how to strive for a good education, how to work, how to save money, how to interact with people, how to love people, and most importantly, how to draw close to and love the Lord with all my heart! They were wonderful examples of dedication and service to the Lord because they always fulfilled their callings as diligently as possible! They also had daily--and even hourly--conversations with me about the gospel and about Jesus Christ. They were always examples of striving to live the principles of the gospel and helped me to be the person I am today. I know I am not perfect, but I am grateful that they taught me that I am a daughter of God and should be valued as such and that everyone else in the world is too (either a son or daughter, I should say). I learned to value people and look at things from their perspective and that has been so very important to me in my life! I just could not be ANYWHERE I am today without them and I am EXTREMELY grateful for their sacrifice and willingness to do what was needed for our family.
5)My siblings. I swear, I just feel closer and closer to them each day. I love them all for their own special personalities, talents, and abilities. They are always so kind and forgiving. I know that I did not always treat them as I should have, but I am certainly grateful for the relationships we have developed as of late. Trevor is on a mission and I have NEVER seen someone SO willing or SO happy to serve. He is a great example to me and is so good with people. JaNae takes on so many things. She has so many talents in so many areas. She is compassionate, funny, good at sports and music, a hard worker, and the list could go on. Dallin is so intelligent and ready to learn. He is the one in our family who is more quiet...and sometimes that can be a REALLY admirable quality among all of us. Anyway, they are each WONDERFUL and cherished in their own special ways.
6)Prayer. I LOVE to know that at any moment (and believe me, there are TONS of moments when this happens), I can just talk to my Heavenly Father. He is a great listener and at ANY time when I am feeling low, happy, or somehow empty, He is truly the one who helps me feel whole and complete. I always need someone to talk to and I am grateful He taught us about prayer so that we can talk with Him daily, momently, and always!

I was also tagged to tell 7 weird/random facts about myself (boy oh boy, you just get to know all about me today, don't you?!)
1) My entire family can ride the unicycle except for me. I have been "learning" for years, but have never actually jumped on board whole-heartedly!
2) I LOVE my bed! :O) I love being all cuddled up and warm. If it didn't ultimately give me headaches and prevent me from getting everything else done that I enjoy, I would probably stay there quite often!
3) I drink really weird. BOTH my husband AND Dallin (my younger brother) have mentioned this several times and make fun of me for it. I like kinda circle up my lower lip and bring in my upper lip and gulp it down so it won't touch my upper lip. I think it's because I've always been a milk drinker and so it's my way of preventing a milk mustache. I don't like being dirty...which leads me to the next one...
4) I have a serious phobia of GERMS! In fact, so much so that no matter the cost of our monthly laundry, I HAVE to use a different towel to dry myself every day. I also wash my hands a TON each day....not just during normal things, but especially while I'm cooking. I think my record has been 20 times in one hour period of time. My hands are almost always dry and crackling.
5) I can't drink soda....sad, but true. It gives me HORRIBLE stomach aches and I end up losing all of my food.
6) I am trying to turn the raccoon in the backyard into my pet dog. Every since I lost Scruffy, I have been searching for something! ha ha....it's going to take A LOT longer to train (considering it's wild) but if we continue to live here in Provo, I will make sure to get him loving us! He already comes and sits at the window for food several times each night.
7) I always think I have cancer.

Anyway, let's see....I tag Tara, Becca, and Cristi for any of the above....

1 comment:

Taralee said...

I LOVED it ALL!!!! That was a great way to know a lot about you :) I'm surprised at how much I already knew...I'm so cool, huh?!! :) I just have to tell you that just YESTERDAY I was thinking about you when I was grabbing my towel that was hanging on the back of my door. I thought about how you would be getting a new one...random I know, but I had to laugh!

I'll think about this and respond to your TAG!!