Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween Haunting

Well...it's been a while! I have lots of catching up to do because my internet hasn't been working very well for the last week. That means, I just do the bare minimum online at school--which always ends up being schoolwork instead of fun things! :O)

We began the Halloween spirit in our home on Monday night. I LOVE Halloween, so I'm usually a lot more involved, however, the lack of money and time equals little preparation time. Monday night, however, was my excitement! I did my traditional eating out of pumpkins dinner. I made chili, cornbread, and bought apple juice and pumpkin bread (Great Harvest's is THE BEST!). Devin and I invited a few couples from the ward to join in on the fun. We use those little pumpkins that are normally used for making pumpkin pie or bread or something and carve the centers out. Then you bake them a bit and use them as bowls for the chili! It is a really fun tradition for me. Devin gave our family home evening lesson on the Holy "Ghost." We got a little creative, but it was a SERIOUS lesson, I swear! ha ha I didn't get any pictures because I completely forgot, but I LOVE that tradition, so I had to tell everyone about it! We had a blast!

I had a soccer game Halloween night and we won 5-4! Woohoo! I feel like I did extra well. I am getting a lot better at soccer and a lot less afraid of going after the ball. I had an assist (meaning, I passed the ball to the person who kicked in the goal) and was hit so hard by one girl that I went flying backwards and she got a foul called--yeah, I'm kinda sore now. I am getting aggressive! ha ha...it's fun for me considering a lot of the tension I've had over the last few months. I really love--and NEED--to go play!

Anyway, for the extra fun stuff (cuz it includes pictures)...

After my game Devin and I came home and got ready to go to a homemade haunted house and my friend Jessica Gillespie's Halloween party. Here are the fabulous pictures we took at home (Devin picked what I was going to be, so I got to pick what HE was going to be).







Don't we just look so into character?! ha ha





































And again...
























This was fun because we had it be our date night in the middle of the week instead of during the weekend.

The haunted house we went to was, like I said, homemade.... It wasn't the least bit scary, which was good because Devin got to experience his favorite part of Halloween, and I didn't have to get really scared. The people who did it had A TON of props and have apparently been doing it for years. Their neighbors do "Thriller" performances each year, too! It's just right in their home in Orem! Seems like a pretty fun family tradition for them! Here is a picture we took together next to one of their props...We finally made it to Jessica's party...just in time for the end of it and cleaning up. We just sat and pigged out on all of the leftover food. Treats at Halloween time are my very favorite...

Jess was nice enough to take a picture of us on our way out. This is one of my favorites of us.

Anyway, this part is for Tara....

I am accomplishing my goals of taking more pictures now, simply because of the blog. The FUNNY part, however, is that Devin has now gotten involved. I had my camera in hand and he said "Now you can take pictures of us to put on your blog." HA! He can join the Blogger Father s club! lol! Just thought you'd find that funny.

Hope everyone had a FABULOUS Happy Halloween! Good luck on the rest of the holidays and just so you're all aware, they are already playing Christmas music on 106.5! Gotta love it!

2 comments:

Shelise said...

It looks like a lot of fun. I get that your the Devil and hes and angel, but is his outfit stuffed with something? I dont know, maybe it just looks that way. Cute pictures though.

Taralee said...

FUN!! I'm serious, see, the guys act like they don't like the blogs, but they're sure into it at the same time :) I love all the pictures and your costumes are cute!! I think we'll start dressing up...starting NEXT year haha! You're a cute little Devil LOL!!