Thursday, December 9, 2010

I'm a leaf on the wind

I am SOOO covered in snot right now.  Wishing this virus of Camden's (and now mine) would go away for good.  Didn't we just get over this, like 3 weeks ago?!

Poor little Camden.  Took him to the doc yesterday and did a swab of his throat for strep.  (We've seriously been to the doctor to do said swab tests no fewer than 6 times in the last 3 months).  His throat was so bad, the swab came back with blood.  But still, no strep.  He's never had strep...no, not once, and I have to admit, I sometimes come away a little disappointed that it isn't.  At least with strep, you can get antibiotics to aid in gaining full health.  With this virus, all I can give him is tylenol and ibuprofen--for the fever, and another type of medicine to numb his throat while he rides out the sickness.


We're still managing to have a little bit of fun.  With pretzels, no less.  Still, there are some unhappy faces.  His lack of clothing= too high a fever, so we need to keep it down+more cuddles for MOM :O)

I will spare you the pictures of me :O)

On another note, Devin has a few interviews this week.  Hopefully, one of them will produce a future career (and by future, I'm talking, in the next two weeks, please).  Construction management is a tough field, as are many, in obtaining a job right now.  All in all, I am not sure what we will do if he can't find one quickly.  I think I've mentioned he will lose his current job because he will no longer be a student (GRADUATION IS IN SIGHT, BABY!) and so there aren't many options for us.  We do have a few, which is better than some people, I know.  Because of that, I haven't been too worried overall.

Yesterday afternoon, I had my first semi-panicky moment.  I have otherwise stayed unbelievably calm for my personality type in this situation, so I am quite pleased the Lord has blessed me with peace.  I do feel, however, that He wants me to feel SOME urgency, hence the semi-panic yesterday--in which case, I started getting on Devin's e-mail to write to potential employers I know he hasn't had time to contact yet. (No, I didn't actually send the e-mails)

I have mixed emotions.  I love the friendships I have gained, am currently gaining, and could possibly gain here in Utah (add to that the self-improvement I've measured), so I would love to stay here--not to mention how WONDERFUL I would feel to be able to continue our close proximity to so many of Devin's and my siblings.  We just love them! (And a few more will probably be added next year)  But I would also like Camden to be near his grandparents.   A job opening in LAS VEGAS (and if you knew how bad their economy is right now, you would certainly see this as a miracle) and a slight POSSIBILITY that we could end up near our family there, kind of increases my desire to live there too.  But I, believe it or not, have learned to love Utah.  Note: I should pull up some of my journal entries prior to moving here (they didn't have blogger then) so you can know HOW MUCH I loathed the idea of Utah and coming here for school.  That is also one of the many miracles of miracles. I may just miss it here. (But I'll save that for another post--IF we end up leaving after all).

I guess I just need to learn from that experience that I will love anywhere I go.  Ultimately, it may take some time, but because I love people and culture, and my family, anywhere I go will be desirable-ish :O)  Even if we end up in Afghanistan (REALLY!  He applied for a job THERE this past week!!).  I think I'm not quite THAT desperate...yet

No comments: