Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Musings

Ok.

So I'm sitting here super late at night just loving my family.  I sit here and think-- How will I ever be able to stop having children?! I look at the younger pictures of Camden and they just break my heart...but in a good way.

He is growing up quickly and I am loving every moment of it, but then I read the Nienie dialogues (see page 4-the video) again and know I should give just a little more.   I should just squeeze him a little longer.  Who cares if the laundry gets done?!

Let's be frank.  Life doesn't drag on and on when you have this much happiness surrounding you.  It will pass so much like that ride at Disneyland--you know, the one that is moving so slow but simulates moving so fast at the same time?!  It's old and gone now, which I'm sure dates me to a degree.  But seriously, if it goes so fast already, why do I try to speed it up by filling it with the unnecessary?

I realize how much I have to offer my sweet boy and how much he has to offer me.  It's almost scary how quickly they learn to follow your example.  It was on my mind today, in fact, that Camden has already learned to drink out of a water bottle--and has known since he was 3 1/2 months old.  Why you may ask?  Because he saw his mother do it.  Time and again.  And knew he wanted to do it, too.  Why is it that he goes to eat something whenever I put it up to my mouth?  Because it is something he has seen his father and I do habitually.

Now, I can only hope and pray that the other--more important things--in life will rub off in much the same way.  With us doing them well, and him wanting to follow...

Please, Lord.  Help me to do those things well.

No comments: