Friday, October 17, 2008

A Couple of Animals

A few weeks ago, Dev and I went to the zoo for our date "night." It was the first time I had ever really been to a zoo; so it was a great experience....especially because I went with Devin--who has a truly inspiring love for so called "wild" animals such as these (and those ACTUALLY in the wild).







Here Dev is admiring the spider monkey--definitely one of my favs! This guy swings from it's tail like it's a third arm.




I have ALWAYS wanted to see a giraffe! They are AMAZING creatures!


Me and the zebras


Dev and the black bear. Would you believe that Dev has followed one of these in the wild for 30 minutes! He loves to live on the edge.



And this is Dev's favorite animal of all time. One of his lifelong dreams/goals is to see a Cougar in the wild.


He was trying to touch the turkey


Elephants are AWESOME! This one was right up in our faces! We could literally feel him breathing on us! I loved it!


Devin makin his scary ape face! I don't like to look at that face...


There is a kangaroo! We took this picture for Trevor, my brother, who is on a mission. He has taken SEVERAL pictures with wild kangaroos in Australia--where he is serving a mission--and so I will send him this one. I am not nearly as close as he gets to the kangaroos there. He gets to hug them...I had to stand in front of a fence.


Super close!


Devin is happy.








It was definitely a great date for us to go on! We really loved it and love spending time together seeing all of God's creations!

On another note, our ward volleyball team got third place among roughly 15 teams! That is great; especially considering we didn't win a single season game! It was truly incredible how we were able to come together as a team and EVERY SINGLE PERSON improved dramatically! We had a blast and I really was able to grow closer to ward members and create a stronger friendship! Thanks for everyone who was on the team!

3 comments:

Cristi said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I took my little Zack to the Zoo almost every week last summer because he loved it so much. I really like it too, the animals are awesome.

Taralee said...

We so totally need to take our kids to the zoo. I bet they would LOVE seeing all those animals.

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to ask...how did the zoo vote go? LOL