Monday, March 31, 2008

Perfect times

Things have gotten AMAZINGLY better at Wells Fargo for me. I have balanced perfectly for over a month now and have made a lot of progress on my sales. The most important thing is that I have been able to develop some meaningful relationships with some of my coworkers. They know I will be leaving soon, and it will definitely leave a hole in each of us until we can meet again.

Everyone at work knows I am LDS and I have therefore been the center of many stereotypes and jokes; however, the reason it is all worth it happened a few days ago! One of my coworkers, Jessica, has held a special place in my heart from the beginning. She is just one of the nicest people on earth and is SO willing to help anyone and anything she can.We were both helping drive-up and Jessica's questions started flowing. "Are you one of those die-hard Mormons?"..."Is it your duty to pro-create?"...and then finally "What is the Book of Mormon" and "Families can be together forever?" It can't get any better than that! One of my other coworkers bore testimony of her love for the principles of the gospel and another gave her a pass-along-card. AMAZING!!! I answered a lot of her questions and told her about missionaries. At this point, I am not sure what will come about. We had to leave in a rush and she has been out of town many days since, so Wednesday, I will be able to talk with her again!

It is SO exciting to be able to share the gospel! That is something I've kind of missed while being in Utah. Not that the gospel CAN'T be shared there, but the opportunities aren't as great in the BYU bubble. I am excited to see where this takes us and I am thinking of inviting her to the Savior of the World performances next week....I'll keep you all posted!

The other perfect thing is that the missionaries came over for dinner Saturday night. There's a whole story behind that (cuz I thought it was the month previous) but I was able to talk with them and get some good ideas. It is true that the Lord knows everything and guides our lives perfectly if we just follow him. Devin and I had a lot of fun feeding and talking with them. Devin LOVES to talk about his mission and missionary work; so his face just LIGHTS up with the happiest smile EVERY TIME he talks about Brazil and missionary work. It was a great night for us and we are happy to do whatever we can for the Lord! It also made me think a lot about Trevor and the mission he is serving in Australia. He's doing such a wonderful job and is always as happy as can be! We are grateful for his service and pray for him often. I guess feeding the missionaries here kind of helps me feel like I am doing something for Trevor out there! I can help take care of the missionaries here just like those families are taking care of my little brother out there! Missionary work is truly needed! Let's get out there and do the work! :O)

2 comments:

Becca said...

I love this post! Moving to Philly has definitely opened my "missionary eyes." It's crazy how little so many people know about us. Way to go!

Shelise said...

This is so cool. I never have experiences like this because im home ALL the time. I dont talk to my neighbors either cause they're lesbians and they scare me. lol. Seriously though. haha. Trevor is such a stud. I am SO glad he is doing well. I knew he would. He looks so good too. Its all Amazing.